Iâ€™ve helped you find you new Windows 7 themes from Microsoft and I have also taught you how to customize your own themes, in this how-to I will show where you can find hidden themes within Windows 7 and how to use them to personalize your desktop. Windows 7 is available worldwide, as a result they have packaged themes for various regions, however those themes are only viewable if Windows 7 is installed for a specific region. After following the steps in this guide you will uncover four additional themes for the US version of Windows 7.
Note: I used Windows 7 Ultimate in this tutorial.
1. Click on the Windows Orb to open the Start Menu.
2. Perform a search by entering the following into the Search box.
3. Click on the winsxs folder that will appear in the search results.
4. A windows explorer window will open for the winsxs folder. Donâ€™t worry about all the weird folder names, we will find the themes by entering the following query into the Explorer search box.
5. Give Windows a couple of seconds to perform the search and soon you should see all of the themes you normally see in Windows 7 plus 4 additional themes for the following countries:
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
Note: I use the US version of Windows 7 so it looks like it displays themes for other English speaking countries.
To use a theme, simply double-click on the Windows Theme file to activate the theme.
The United Kingdom Theme enabled.
If you double-click on all of the themes they will become available in the Personalization window to use when you wish.