Launched in 2009, Windows 7 has been one of Microsoft’s most popular operating systems. On this page you will find all of the resources to help you become familiar with Microsoft’s latest operating system, Windows 7.
This is your one-stop-shop to learn about everything related to Windows 7, including software, maintenance, troubleshooting and tips.
Windows 7 Topics
Click on one of the topics below to view a list of articles associated with the topic.
- Windows 7 Essentials
- Customize Windows 7
- Communicate with Windows 7
- Organize Your Computer
- Secure Your Computer & Your Data
- Manage Your Photos with Live Photo Gallery
- Manage Your Videos with Live Movie Maker
- Work Remotely with Windows 7
- Play with Windows
- Troubleshoot & Maintain Windows 7
- Windows Software Reviews
- Windows Related News
Windows 7 Essentials
A great list of Windows related articles that will help you become familiar with the Windows 7 operating system and some of its new features.
- Are You Ready for Windows 7
- Getting Around Windows 7 Taskbar
- Pin Up Application Shortcuts to the Start Menu
- Use Windows Search to Locate Files & Applications
- Getting Around the Windows 7 Start Menu
- How to Log On, Log Off, and Shut Down Windows 7
- How to Tile & Manage Windows
- Use Device Stage to Learn About Peripherals
- Kick the Windows XP Habit with These 10 Tips
- How to Add Gadgets in Windows 7
- Create and Customize Shortcuts
- How to Use Jump Lists
- How to Use the Windows 7 Snipping Tool
Customize Windows 7
If you are looking to make Windows 7 your own, then you’ve come to the right place.
These guides listed below should help you make the most of Windows 7 while customizing it to your taste and preferences.
- Customize the Windows 7 Shutdown Button
- Change the Screen Resolution in Windows 7
- How to Disable Aero Snap in Windows 7
- Miss the Quick Launch Bar? Get it Back
- How to Enable Preview Pane in Windows 7
- How to Add Shortcuts to the Send To Link menu in Windows 7
- How to Use Checkboxes to Select Files & Folders
- How to Change the Default Windows Explorer Folder in Windows 7
- How to Add Custom Index Locations to Windows 7 Search
- How to Place the Recycle Bin on the Taskbar in Windows 7
- Add & Remove Default Desktop Icons in Windows 7
- How to Move the Windows 7 Taskbar
- Find and Use Hidden Windows Themes
- Resize Icons and Make Space in the Taskbar
- Change Default Applications for Email, Web, and Music
- Use Windows 7 in Another Language
- Create a Shortcut to All Control Panel Tasks
- Shorten the Windows 7 Start Menu
- Change Windows 7 Fonts
- Customize Drive Letters
- Personalize Your Wallpaper & Save Custom Themes in Windows 7
- Share Custom Themes in Windows 7
- Display Control Panel as a Menu in the Start Menu
Communicate & Surf the Web with Windows 7
Internet Explorer, Mail, and Networking, all essential topics that will help you communicate with others while using Windows 7.
- Pin Favorite Sites with Internet Explorer 9
- How to Set Preferred Wireless Network
- Share Your Printer in Windows 7
- How to Share Files with Your HomeGroup
- How to Join a HomeGroup in Windows 7
- How to Map Network Drives in Windows 7
- Change Your Computer’s Network Name
- Find Your Computer’s IP Address
- Allow & Configure Remote Desktop Connections in Windows 7
Organize Your Computer
Is the new Libraries feature in Windows 7 a bit confusing? Don’t worry, we break Libraries down and show you how to organize your stuff so that it is easier to find.
- How to Create Custom Libraries
- How to Compress/Zip Up Files in Windows 7
- How to Change the Default Library Location in Windows 7
Secure Your Computer & Your Data
Concerned about the integrity and security of your data? These guides should help you become familiar with Windows 7′s built-in security features along with tips and information to secure information stored in your computer.
Manage Your Photos with Live Photo Gallery
Are you looking for an easy and hassle-free method to organize, share, and edit your photos? This section lists some of our articles covering Windows Live Photo Gallery, an amazing, free photo management application.
- Get the Perfect Picture with Live Photo Gallery
- How to Disable Face Detection
- Tag Photos in Live Photo Gallery
- Tag People in Live Photo Gallery
- How to Import & Include Images in Photo Gallery
Manage Your Videos with Live Movie Maker
Looking to become the next Spielberg of family movies? Then Live Movie Maker is the application for you. Our guides will show you how to bring family videos to your computer, how to edit and share those videos with family and friends.
Be Productive with Windows 7
Okay, computers are not just for the fun stuff like editing videos, photos, and playing video games. A computer is a tool that enables us to get things done.
This series of guides will help you become more productive with Windows 7 so that you have more time to play video games after work.
- 5 Videos to Help You Be More Productive with Windows 7
- Enable Offline Files in Windows 7
- How to Use Speech Recognition in Windows 7
- Train Windows 7 Speech Recognition
- Setup Your Microphone for Speech Recognition
- How to Save Searches in Windows 7
- Add Frequently Accessed Folders to Favorites
- Search TIFF Files in Windows 7
- Calculate Lease Payments and More with Windows Calculator
- Enable XP Mode in Windows 7
Windows Related News
When is the next version of Windows 8 coming? What are the latest security updates? Stay tuned, as we cover the latest Windows related news.
- Windows 7 SP1 Available Worldwide
- Will Windows 7 SP1 Prompt Businesses to Upgrade from XP
- BitLocker Management Tool Beta Coming Soon
- Download Additional Themes from Around the World
- 5 Free Themes to Jazz Up Your Windows 7 Desktop
Windows Software Reviews
If you are looking to use your PC to do just about anything then you need a guide to show you where the awesome software is.
In this section you will find a great list of applications, some accompanied by a hands-on review so that you can make a better decision about using the product.
- 7 New and Improved Windows 7 Features That Shouldn’t Go Unnoticed
- Use Image Resizer to Quickly Resize Images in Windows
- Create a Virtual Router with Virtual Router Manager
- Use Soluto to Speed Up Boot Times in Windows 7
- Get the Classic Windows 7 Start Menu with Windows Classic Start Menu
- How Windows 7 Improves My Workflow
Troubleshoot & Maintain Windows 7
Trouble always happens and if you find yourself on the verge of pulling your hair out, make sure to check this list of guides to see if we’ve covered the issue before.
We also provide you with a list of guides to help you maintain your Windows 7 so that you don’t run into those pulling your hair out scenarios.
- How to Uninstall Applications in Windows 7
- Create a Bootable Windows 7 USB or DVD
- Solution: Cannot Burn DVD or CD When Using Remote Desktop
- Safely Remove Memory Cards without the Wait
- Solution: How to Install Netflix on Your Windows Media Center PC
- Solution: Disabled Audio Device Not Working
- How to Schedule Disk Defragmenter in Windows 7
- Control Your Notebook’s Display to Save Battery
- Enable Concurrent and Remote Connections on Windows 7 Home Premium
- Use System Restore to Resolve Common Issues
- How to Create a System Restore Point
- Prevent Mouse Movement from Waking Your Computer from Sleep
- Prevent Windows 7 from Restarting After System Failure
- How to Change Ownership of Files & Folders in Windows 7
- Create a Shortcut to Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 7
- How to Run Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 7
- Enable & Disable Hibernation in Windows 7
- How to Backup & Restore the Registry in Windows 7
- Access God Mode in Windows 7
Play with Windows
Back to the fun stuff. In this section we put together a list of guides to help you have some fun tweaking Windows 7 and getting the most out of it. Did we mention games as well?
- Set Up Your Own Netflix-Like Server with Windows 7
- How to Run Angry Birds in Windows 7
- Control iTunes from the Taskbar
If you’re looking for a topic that is not listed here or have any comments or questions, please make sure to get a hold of us.