If you are trying to download a copy of iMovie for your Mac you will quickly realize that there are several ways to download this application.
The easiest way to get iMovie on your Mac is to include it in the purchase of your Mac by adding it to the shopping cart. When you do this you will get the latest version of iMovie without having to go to the Mac App Store to upgrade.
Note: iMovie is one of the five applications included in the iLife suite. The latest version as of this writing is iLife ’11. If you don’t want to purchase the iLife suite and prefer to buy just the iMovie app you will need to download iMovie via the Mac App Store (as instructed below).
If you did not include iLife in your purchase, you can always download iMovie by launching the App Store on your Mac and following the instructions below.
How to Download the Latest Version of iMovie
1. Click to open the App Store icon on the Dock.
Note: If you do not have the App Store for Mac, make sure that you are running the latest version of Mac OS X.
2. Enter imovie in the search box to locate the iMovie app.
3. When iMovie appears in the search results simply click the BUY button next the app to purchase and download iMovie.
4. You will be asked to enter your Apple ID and Password to confirm the purchase.
Click Sign In to continue.
5. Once the app is downloaded it will appear int he Applications folder and in the Dock. Click the iMovie icon to launch the application.
Software/Hardware used: Mac OS 10.6.7 and iMovie ’11.